I guess it's about time I did an update for the box. The box is ready to go to the next person, just waiting on some info before it can be shipped out. I like photos, so this post will have a lot of them.
The box has definitely seen better days.
A note from @MobileWill I enjoyed that, made it seem like you weren't just receiving a box of random bits.
My daughters new best friend, she carries it everywhere. Thanks to who ever put the bug in there, she said she just had to have it.
ok here is whats in the box, or at least some pics of what is in the box. There's so much stuff in there i can't begin to list everything. Massive caps, random boards, lots of dev boards, some cell phones one of which still boots up.
Sadly the large display was broken, I took it out and chucked it since there were no usable parts on it.
Here is the stuff I took from the box.
- MobileWill's note.
- a USB tester created by MobileWill
- An Ipod
- hackaday sticker since i don't have any.
- VisaNet card reader (pics later down, contains Z80 parts :) ).
- mini crt view finder
- 3d printer hotend (mine is completely toast.) thanks to who ever put that in there.
- pSoc from cypress.
- I haven't decided if I can fully utilize the wifi enabled light yet. I will decide before I ship the box out.
these are the things I put in the box.
- 8Gb zune (needs battery) plus data cable.
- some kind of audio equipment (I really have no idea what it does. picked it up as an impulse buy at goodwill.
- some double sided copper clad 5cmX4cm if i remember correctly.
- a few items created by me, 2 x custom perma breadboards, 2 Attiny84A kits, two usbISP programmers flashed with the proper firmware. 1 x VFD tube.
- 2 x uCurrent boards created by dave jones.
- a Chinese soldering iron wand.
- a working LCD screen with combined micro, sdcard etc. I can't remember the micro controller (my boss loves them, TI bought them out a while back and he says they killed the line, it had the best API he had ever used.)
usbISP packaged with a 10pin to 6 pin ICSP header adapter that I also make. Sorry colors of the cases are random.
More stuff added to the box.
- Analog meter, should still work.
- a fitbit (I think it needs a new battery).
- a flight controller for a remote control helicopter
- a USB GPS module
- and some car key fob
And that's about it. I tried to put back equal to what I took out. The box is pretty stuffed, I wanted to clean it out but didn't want to seem greedy. Down below are more pics of what was in the box. I also repacked some stuff into the plastic box to clear room for the other stuff. I also put some bubble wrap on top of the other screen so it would not get damaged.
two minute taredown of the visa machine.
The visa machine contains just about everything needed to build a z80 computer. hell it just about is in its own. just needs some tinkering.
The other side (top side) is just the control board for the VFD display and the buttons. Ill post a log when I tinker with it.
more stuff that was in the box. I added some of the loose objects to this box for better packing.
This plastic box is just packed.. I also repacked this box a bit.
This was an amazing experience to be apart of, I'd like to thank @Benchoff for allowing me to take part in the hacker box. I would love to take part in the next round. I have more things I want to put in but cant fit into this one.