I have few samples of DIPDuino, and working evenings and weekends to implement Arduino bootloader, headers and libraries for OLED display, SRAM, SD card, etc.
I am planning to use DIPDuino for my freelance and hobbyist projects. I have DIPDuino only for a few days, but already like it a lot! It is really convenient, to be able to plug in the controller into a socket on a breadboard and take it out when you need it. Embedded display and SD card are perfect for debugging, logging etc., and two serial ports as well.
What I want to do next:
- Weather station, home automation and some other fin projects with DIPDuino…
- I want to be able to be able to program DIPDuino from SD card. Just save BIN file on SD card and boot the device. The bootloader must be able to flash the firmware and it does not look too complicated. (I call this project “DIPBoot”)
- I want to implement a simple BASIC translator for DIPDuino to be able to write programs in BASIC using simple text editor, save it on SD card and execute it form file on DIPDuino (which will be DIPBasic in this case). This is really cool, because I will be to write programs on any devices, including smartphones or even DIPDuino itself and execute them without any compilers and connections…
- One of my friend wants to build a DIPDuino based GEN7 RepRap controller for his new 3D Printer. I will certainly help him with it.
- I am also thinking about DIPDuino watches… It has nice OLED screen, so why not to use it. Moreover, onboard SD card opens so many possibilities! It will be great if DIPBasic project will succeed by this time. In this case, I will be able to run my BASIC scripts from SD card on my smart watches.
Project web site and blog on DIPDuino.com
DIPDuino version 2 Pinouts: