Despite the absence of project logs, I've been working quite a lot on RaspiDrums. I haven't published anything yet because I'm waiting for the software to be more stable. All the modifications concern the software, and they make it a lot easier to use.
Here's a list of the major changes:
- The project is now a shared library, so it's a lot easier to reuse in other programs.
- I Created a SoundBank that holds and handles all the sounds.
- I Created a SoundProcessor for some real-time sound processing.
- I Created a KitManager to manage the drum kits configuration.
- Sensors' inputs are read in a separate thread.
- Don't need to specify which sensor to use in the code.
- And there's a lot more, and a lot more is coming...
The projects is now a lot bigger than it used to be, and it will continue to grow. I want that software to become exactly like a real drum module, but I need more time to make it so. I think that it will take another couple of months before I can publish something. It's actually going to become a new project, and there's a reason for that, but that's a surprise! I'll let you guys know how things go, but I'm really optimistic, it's really going to become a very cool software.