Close

Joints Replaced

A project log for Stubby the (Teaching) Hexapod

100% open source robot platform with accessability and affordability in mind: teaching children of all ages about robots & programming

The Big OneThe Big One 04/18/2014 at 00:420 Comments

I replaced the Chicago bolts today with normal 1/4" bolts + nuts.  I found the Chicago bolts were coming undone quite easily, and since you could not tighten each section (frame / leg / frame) independently, the entire leg assembly felt a bit sloppy.  It is quite a bit better now.


Everything taken apart:

Starting to re-assemble, using nuts and bolts:

Discussions