Not a student? You can help us by sharing this post!
The TimVideos.us project is happy to announce that it is participating in Google Summer of Code 2017 (GSoC2017) and is looking for students to hack on the hardware used to record many open source conferences - including;
|Linux.conf.au||many PyCons around the world,||and DebConf.|
|LCA2017||PyCon AU, pyOhio, Kiwi PyCon & PyCon ZA||DebConf2016|
Due to the focus on hardware, we are very interested in students who are interested in things like FPGAs, VHDL/Verilog and other HDLs, embedded C programming and operating systems and electronic circuit/PCB design!
---------- more ---------
This year we have joint project ideas with other hardware based groups who are also participating in GSoC2017 including;
|The apertus project||The FOSSi foundation,||and lowRISC.|
|(GSoC page)||(GSoC page)||(GSoC page)|
Some examples of projects that TimVideos.us is looking for students to contribute too are;
- Porting a real operating system such as Linux or NuttX to our System On Chip to allow easier development of new features.
- Porting MicroPython to our FPGA SoC to allow both hardware and firmware be developed in Python together!
- Improving simulation of our SoC using QEmu.
- Improving the debug interface for the soft-CPU cores in our SoC (In collaboration with lowRISC)
- Creation of an open source 4K HDMI output HDL Gearwork Logic / IP Core (In collaboration with apertus)
- Making use of the Ethernet interface for connecting multiple devices together and alternative capture interfaces.
- and many, many more.
Looking forward to seeing what this year’s batch of GSoC students create! You might even get to attend one of these conferences like some of our previous GSoC students.