My last log post for this project was over 1-1/2 years ago, but I'm returning to it now with the following objectives:
- Rebuild the design using the SKiDL design language.
- Replace the power supply section with smaller LDO/switching regulators.
- Replace the large DC jack with a micro-USB connector that will be compatible with a Raspi power supply.
- Replace the SDRAM in the TSSOP-54 package with a smaller VFBGA version.
- Replace the two SATA connectors with an HDMI connector.
- Add the PCB slot for the Raspi camera flex cable.
Rebuilding the CAT Board using SKiDL will guide me in adding features to make the language more expressive and concise. The remaining changes will improve the capabilities of the board while possibly compacting the circuitry enough so I can get all the components on a single side of the PCB.
Also, I took advantage of a StickerMule special to get 50 vinyl stickers for just $9. It'd be a shame to have these and no new board to go with 'em.