It's been awhile from the previous update. I have been busy doing other things, but this has also advanced a bit.
I now have 6 receiver modules ready, which 2 of are in use, need more cases at the moment. Streamlined the programming and testing of modules. Managed to fry couple of microprocessors in the process. Android app supports the 2 receivers. "Light switch" development has gone forward, ordered some parts for making a portable remote control for the lights.
Next I'll list some features I would like to add next...
- Button for adding a new receiver unit, It would ask for the address and you could name it for example "kitchen" + deleting them
- You could browse through different receivers by swiping left and right
- Save lighting "moods" to a button, for example you have a button to set all the lights for movie watching and another for working / making food.
- Add compatibility for 5V digital LED strips.
- Watchdog timer for resetting it from possible lockups.
- Watchdog timer for resetting it from lockups.
- Get it as low power as possible
- Long press a button to save the mood, short press to send it. One button reserved for shutting off lights
I still really haven't figured out / thought of how to manage the communication / data with every part. If you have some ideas for features or comments of the existing ones, be free to say something about them.