since the ble113 was going to be a pain to get right (Atomsoft said so) (it needed a extra swd on the pcb to program), we ditched it and switched to a BC118 module, which works over uart as well, and uses only 9uA in sleep mode
both modules are about the same price ($11 at digikey) so that won't be an issue.
i have also started on cleaning the code and spread it over multiple libraries, otherwise we'd have one library of 1500+ lines of code.
code will be up soon hopefully.
i also have created some one graphics command, namely: a circular loading bar (demo vid on end of log), and have put as much graphic commands in the RAM because it simple speeds things up.
i also tried overclocking the teensy, and it runs stable up to 144mhz, any higher will cause the system to fail (under voltage on the mcu i think).
note that this is 200% of the recommended mcu clockspeed, so i don't recommend going over 96mhz (which is already a overclock on the teensy).
video for the circular loading bar drawing is here: