A few updates...
- We're going to try for the Microtransat Challenge as a stepping stone to going all the way around.
- We've been sailing a few times since our last update. Our current wings are a bit on the heavy side, and their centers of gravity are high. This drastically limits the sort of wind we can sail in, which really cuts into our testing opportunities, and slows us down.
- We've made huge progress on software -- check out our Github for details.
- I've done some talks about the boat, including at MakerFaire Bay Area 2018 and Toorcamp 2018. Check out the slides at our blog. I'm trying to find video of the Toorcamp talk, but no luck yet.
- Over the past few months, we made a set of molds for the wings for the Microtransat boat. I'm a little dissatisfied with them and I'm having a hell of a time making the pivots we designed, so they may turn out to be a failed experiment. We shall see.