The last three months have been absolutely crazy. Between vacation, selling a house, buying a house, remodelling 4 bedrooms, moving, visits by family and friends, an audit, and getting the #LiFePO4wered/Pi+ Crowd Supply campaign going, I've had very little time to work on the wESP32 unfortunately.
So I'm relieved that I finally found some time to relax and work on some electronics! Here's the result: I built 3 ESP32-Prog prototype modules for the wESP32:
They are built manually with the hot air rework station so they're a little messy, but they seem to work! After adding a little patch wire that is. It's nearly impossible to see, but on the top right corner of the CP2102N, I forgot the connection between pins 7 and 8. So dumb: Eagle told me clearly there was an air wire left and I completely missed it.
I tested them by connecting them to my PC and /dev/ttyUSB0 showed up. Then I ran:
screen /dev/ttyUSB0 115200
and when I connected TX to RX, the characters I typed were echoed back. What I haven't tested yet is whether the EN and IO0 management circuitry works.
I have all the parts to build wESP32 protos as well, but I'm doing that one the "proper" way with solder paste, a stencil and reflow oven. Hopefully later this week!