The last PCB, fresh off the mill. This is the lower decoder board. It replaces the two separate decoders I made earlier, because I had to add extra circuitry for the carry logic.
Here it is after soldering.
Those diodes are a real challenge to do consistently. Here is a view from the back of the clock. I had to transfer all the PCBs to a new carrier board (the piece of MDF), without disturbing the delicate wiring. I removed the flip-flop boards to make it easier to handle. You can see I just started wiring in the new lower decoder board.
And there it is, in all it's warm glowing glory. Completely functional, although the wiring needs some work. This is a major milestone for me. The first time all the components are in place and everything seems to be working. Now I can start designing the plexiglass frame that it will be mounted in.
That's it for now. Thanks for reading! Cheers.