Today I started to:
- learn file extension types .ipt and .dwg
- downloaded autocad 2016 to view the robot design and got licensed.
- couldn't open because I needed inventor to view the parts and assembly files.
- got with @sai and sat a meeting to discuss our target
- viewed the forearm design with a360 online viewer and measured the dimensions.
- ordered the 3D to be printed (will decide tomorrow)
- get inventor, view the design, try to readapt the design.
- find other 3D printers able to get the original design.
- order the ball bearings, motors and nuts.
- keep track of the whole project.
We have installed inventor 2016 to our
Windows pcs so that we can view the design.
- we started reading and listening to Tutorials describing the main features of inventor 2016.
We set the target to reduce the current design to 80% of it's size now.
-Regarding screws and motors we will maintain them as the original design was too heavy to be powered solely by Nema11 and Nema 17.
- our next move is to keep learning about inventor and try to reduce the size of the design with maintaining the same size for the motors..
-another approach is to look for a bigger 3D printer that can print the original design with lighter materials.
3rd jan (Happy new Year 🎉🎉🎉🎉 Malik
I have completed the Inventor tutorial and heading towards editing the master design..
My plan is to edit the base items first and print them.. Then evaluate
since there were a lot of problems in dealing with the x0.8 derived version of the original design in inventor, I had to think of another solution.
this solution is to create the NEma17 hole dimensions multiplied by the factor 1.25 so that when a 0.8 model is derived the dimension return back to the actual Nema dimensions.
the was another problem with the gears offset due to the change in the shaft hole.
I dealt with this problem by changing the screw joint locations by shifting the hole extrusion to the right by 0.224mm and upwards by 3.218mm.
I am to check the design and create assembly file.
I hold up the 3D print order till I am sure about the design.
the new dimensions and the assymply file of the new x1.25 solution will be up soon.
today I tested all parts of the first link and I made a lot of modifications in the design so that gears will fit the profiles and pins of the Nema17 will be in place.
I uploaded the new design and the assimbly file.