Getting boards is always a fun event. There's just some thing about holding a board that you designed. Being impatient I got started on it immediately.
My method of SMD work is sticking the parts down with solder paste (I have a syringe of it I use) and then using a hot air gun to melt it. It's tedious but so far I've always gotten good results with it. I saved the though hole parts for last and I was ready to see if it worked!
It didn't...... My worst fear was an issue with the core logic circuits and it seems that seemed to be what the issue was. But then I noticed that the decimal point would light up in some positions. I never connected the DP to any thing, left it floating. I went back and reviewed the foot print. Sure enough I had reversed the foot print. Remember kids always triple check your work.
This was fixable though and some tedious soldering later it LIVES!
I did go back and fix the error. All the files on gihub are correct.