It was the 155th MakerBot, a Cupcake. I got the kit back in the day but gave up after multiple catastrophic extruder problems. In Jan 2015, the pain of not having a printer grew too strong and I decided the corpse of my Cupcake was still much of a printer. I gutted the electronics and extruder and adapted parts from other RepRap type machines.
Cupcake155 has the following features:
* 0.3mm nozzle (adapted MK8 Prusia Extruder)
* RAMBo motherboard (http://reprapelectro.com/product/rambo/)
* Wifi-endowed Raspberry Pi running Octoprint
* Dedicated Arduino for Illuminatrix Lighting system
MakerBot Cupcake Batch 6 Kit
My machine's frame was a batch 6 MakerBot Cupcake
RepRapElectro RAMBo Motherboard
I used a high-quality RAMBo board implementation to drive everything
I picked out a Geeetech MK8 extruder on ebay. 0.3mm Nozzle
Digikey provided a number of minor connectors to help make things clean
3mm Aluminum Build Plate
A local machinest provided some 100mm x 100mm x 3mm build plates, they're held on with tape.
In Cupcake155 Episode 3, I basically explained that I was having very frequent tripping issues during longer and more complex prints. I found that printing from SD vastly improved my success rate. I had to dig around a few schematics to figure out an SD adapter that'd work, as I didn't want an LCD panel on my printer (Octoprint's way better).