- Decide on the onboard computer - I'm still experimenting between some boards here, it will be easier when I decide what the robot will do. Currently I've been toying with different ideas with a Odroid-XU4, a Teensy 3.2, Raspberry Pi Zero. Some are cheaper than others to replicate but something like the Odroid will be great for doing OpenCV.
- Choose an RC transmitter/receiver combo - This will be used to control the robot in the initial phases, as well as override anything the onboard computer is telling the robot to do.
- Design, prototype, build the chassis
- Obstacle detection & avoidance
- FPV - i'd like a live video feed of what the robot is seeing, both video and sensor data for diagnostics and debugging.