I will be at SuperCon tomorrow with version 1.2 of the Dodo hardware!
This new revision was a bit painful to get up and running. There were two mistakes made on the PCB, the MAX756 battery regulator doesn't have enough oomph for Dodo, and there is a mechanical clearance problem. The wires coming out the top of Dodo in the picture above are a patch to fix one of the PCB issues.
The good news is that I have found a replacement regulator that works (I have a breadboard of it), the new memory decoding scheme works and gives close to the full 32KB of RAM. And, I got to buy a logic analyzer to help troubleshooting!
With hopefully all the issues now resolved I plan to start offering kits soon on Tindie. If anyone is interested hop on over to www.dodolabs.io to get on a mailing list for updates. Also, I ported the old QBASIC classic Nibbles over to Dodo and there is a link to play it on the same page.