04/23/2018 at 09:39 •
It's time to count all pins to select MCU.
For every SFP DDM needed 3 pins, summary it's 9 pins.
InGaAs photodiode needs 2 pins, summary 4 pins.
Laser diode driver needs 1 pin.
Two Opto-Mechanical switch needs 8 pins each.
Control buttons - 4 pins.
Display spi - 5 pins.
So summary I need from MCU minimum 40 pins.
For making economy on MCU pinnouts, I think to use multiplexors for SFP and for switches.
Working now on mux selection...
04/19/2018 at 13:01 •
Opto-mechanical switch 1x4
Buying 1x4 is much more expensive as buy one 1x2 plus one D2x2
The price difference is aproximately twice! That's why for the first prototype I'll select second switching variant. And taking into account the simultaneous switching, switching time will be the same as at only one switch.
04/18/2018 at 13:16 •
1. 1x2 PLC Fiber Splitter (from FS.COM)
- Fiber type - singlemode G.657A1;
- Insertion Loss - ≤4.0dB;
- Return Loss - ≥50dB;
- Temperature Dependent Loss - ≤0.5dB;
- Operating Bandwidth - 1260~1650nm.
2. FWDM Filter Wavelength Division Multiplexer FTTH/FTTX 1310/1550/1490nm (from FS.COM)
- Fiber type - singlemode;
- Return Loss - > 45dB;
- Passband Ripple - < 0.3dB;
- Operating Bandwidth - 1310/1550nm.
3. InGaAs PIN Photodiode for Optical Power Meter (from oemarket.com)
4. Dual Wavelength Laser Combiner Module