OK I switched back to eagle. Having 6+ years of experience using eagle makes it a lot easier for me to use. Kicad is not terrible software but it still has some rough edges. Also I did not want to invest more time in learning Kicad at this moment.
So the boards are ready. O yeah I also redesigned the front panel. I was not actually planning on doing this right now. But I was trying to see if the idea was even possible and before I knew it the design was finished.
The back PCB has:
- Raspberry pi zero (Audio, IMU reading)
- Teensy LC (Capacitive touch, WS8212 leds)
- ESP12-F as a WiFi for the RPi, idea from: RPi WiFi
The front has:
- 44 WS8211 led driver ic's
- 132 leds
- 1 big capacitive touch pad
I am getting the boards from Dirty pcbs so the only thing to do is wait until they arrive. (OK maybe work on the software a bit)