The first mod was supposed to be quite simple, but it ended up being a little more complicated.
One of the most annoying points of the drill press was the size of the column which prevented working on bigger pieces, so I decided to exchange the column, which looked easy because it's only a steel tube.
Pict.1: Tiny cute drillpress (so kawaii ㅋ_ㅋ)
When I measured the tube diameter it was 48 mm and I thought it was 48.3 mm, which is a standard size for handrails and is easy available, but I was wrong, it was really 48mm, which wasn't available at any nearby metal dealer, so I had to bore up the holes, which lead to the parallel project, the honing head.
Pict.2: Column comparison
I was really surprised it worked out so well, but the steel tube itself isn't really precise so I have already the next mod in mind, for being able to adjust the perpendicularity of the column.