Now Available for purchase from:
Based on the Arduino ProMini and built around a ATMEGA329P, the ChromaTab is fully compatible with the Arduino IDE and can be easily updated or customised with new sketches. Sketches can be uploaded via a USB to serial converter. The firmware is based around the Adafruit Neopixel library and so new animations and effects can easily be created.
Measuring just 10mm in width, the ChromaTab can easily fit into the tight spaces you may want to fit lengths of WS2812B strip. The extruded aluminium profiles you can get for mounting LED lighting is one such place you may want to fit these strips with a ChromaTab.
Tiny form factor, just 10mm x 43mm
- ATMEGA328p microcontroller
- 3 Castellated pads for soldering directly onto WS2812B strips
- 2 Buttons
- All Arduino Uno/Mini pins broken out
- 5v on-board regulator, can be run at down to 5v due to very low dropout
- Add-on boards (Tags) will be available soon
- Microcontroller - Atmel ATmega328P in MLF-28pin package
- Input Voltage - 5V to 7V
- Operating Current - Approx 90mA average during normal operation Max. 300mA
- Current per I/O pin - 40mA
- Clock speed - 16MHz
- SRAM - 2 KB
- EEPROM - 1 KB
- Flash Memory - 32 KB
- Digital I/O pins - 14 ( of which 6 are PWM )
- Analog Input pins - 6
- 43mm wide x 10mm high x 4mm deep.
Here is a video I shot part way through the project.And Here is a video of my daughters acrylic sign that inspired the project.