Fixing errors, allowing new apertures and abandoning trigonometry.

A project log for

Create 3d-printable STL solder stencils form Gerber files

robert-kirberichRobert Kirberich 03/11/2016 at 15:310 Comments

Thanks to I figured out that the whole wide aperture code I added yesterday wasn't correct - I replaced the logic used to thicken lines into rectangles which now works for circular and rectangular apertures (still making circular ones into rectangles though).

I also fixed a few bugs causing division by zero errors for circles with tiny areas and zero-length elements.

The main lesson here is to never use trigonometry for something that can be solved with vectors.