I spent a lot of time trying to find the right cloth. Rosebrand will sell nice flame retardant cloth, but it costs $26 a yard, so that seemed rather out of reach. I went to the garment district and bought nice spandex cloth for $2 a yard. But it needs to be treated with flame retardant or I can't use it at indoor trade shows.
Having acquired some cloth, the next step was to measure, cut, and pin it, a process that would prove to be quite arduous!
In order to keep a clean surface to stretch the cloth out on, I used a huge tarp I had bought as a roof for a show and hadn't used yet. Here it is stretched out in front of 23b Shop Hackerspace in Fullerton.
Pinning the edges using the edge of my couch as a frame.
At the end of this process, I had a 15' high, 27' long sheet of cloth.
So I tried to hang it on the frame. It begins...
Success... sort of. It actually sags quite a bit more than this picture shows. Pinning this cloth for sewing is going to be harder than I thought!
And it is awfully tight over the doorway. It is clear that I didn't give enough material in that area, and will have to add an extra panel at least a couple of feet wide.