So, to use it for an indoor show, I need to treat it with flame retardant. I didn't do a great job, so don't do as I have done.
For the first try, I used a garden insecticide sprayer.
Unless I could see that the cloth was very soaked, I wasn't satisfied that it had been treated enough.
So I ended up with great honkin' puddles of the very expensive flame retardant treatment on the ground.
I ended up having to buy another $67 bottle of the stuff, bringing the total to $135 for the flame retardant. It cost more than the cloth!
This time I just stuck it in a bucket in the bathroom and soaked the whole thing. Now, it is probably treated with 2x as much as it needed and the fabric is kinda slimy to the touch and smells like flame retardant. Oh well. The show must go on.
I stretched out the damp cloth on the frame to let it dry in the sun.
But when I left it overnight the whole thing collapsed and made a mess. I had to very carefully scrub off the bits that got dirty when I put it back up.
I did my best to help it dry by setting fans up to blow on it, but I got impatient and brought out the big guns! Not sure it actually helped.
The motor started to seize up, so I treated it with WD40 and was back in business!
Boom! Party Time! Here I am running some stage lights and projectors on the dome, which is how it was intended to be used!