Help us make GollumRF more useful: please take this GollumRF survey.
GollumRF Block Diagram
- is a programmable Sub-1GHz RF remote control,
- is programmed & controlled with your Smartphone but can work in standalone mode
- can acquire & show you RF codes from your existing remote controls,
- can generate new codes for any existing brands and models,
- replaces various existing remote controls from different vendors,
- allows RF data to be transmitted & received,
- can communicate with many proprietary RF device.
GollumRF embeds 2 microcontrollers :
- Nordic Semiconductor nRF51822 Bluetooth low energy System on Chip, with ARM Cortex-M0 32 bit processor, 256 kB embedded flash program memory & 16 kB RAM
- Texas Instruments CC1111 Low-Power SoC (System-on-Chip) with 8051 MCU, 32 kB Memory, Sub-1 GHz RF Transceiver, and USB Controller
And some useful peripherals :
- 8 MB SPI Flash memory
- Battery fuel gauge
- Charge IC
- Buttons, Leds
- Debug pins
GollumRF can be used at 315/433/868/915 MHz frequencies for :
- Transmit and receive RF data
Here is a short video we made some time ago, showing how to duplicate a fixed code remote control with GollumRF V1.
French speaking, but English subtitles ;-)
- Spectrum analyzer
Work In Progress: we still have to reduce latency, mainly due to BLE.
- Sniff & Replay attack
- Jamming - Achtung! Verboten :-)
- Cloning garage door remote controls, but it works also for keyfobs, proprietary home automation protocols, and a lot of others RF protocols. GollumRF already supports fixed code, and we are currently implementing some of the major rolling codes algorithm used (Keeloq, …) for garage door remote controls like FAAC, Nice, Cardin, etc…
- Share captured data & settings with another GollumRF
Again, a short video made with GollumRF V1, showing how to transfer RF codes between 2 GollumRF devices, using our backend.
BLE or USB Connection mode
GollumRF can be connected to :
- Smartphone using :
- Bluetooth Smart (BLE 4.0), using either our Android & iOS applications or embed provided Gollum libraries into your own Android or iOS application
- Micro USB Male-Male, using either our Android application or embed provided Gollum library into your own Android application
- Linux computer using :
- USB cable & Python (enjoy the power of RfCat)
- USB cable & our native-C library
Note there is a much better throughput when using USB, so it is recommended method for capturing or transmitting data with high data rates.
However BLE connection is more than enough when dealing with keyfobs or gate openers.
GollumRF has a LiPo battery inside and can be recharged by USB.
You can program GollumRF with whatever transmit function you want and assign this function to any of the 4 available buttons. GollumRF now behaves as a standard remote control and you do not need to be connected using USB or BLE to use it.
Scripting with Python
GollumRF natively supports RfCat and its Python scripting mode (interactive shell or file parsing).
This mode can only be used when GollumRF is connected to a Linux PC using USB.
All other RfCat helpers are also supported, eg. PWM AM/OOK Scanner from RfCatHelpers from Andrew Mohawk
You can use any example from our default scripts provided in Gollum application and modify it to fit your need.
gollumRfSetRfConfigPredefined(0); gollumRfSetFrequency(435000000); gollumRfSetModulation(OOK); gollumRfTxFlush(); gollumRfSendStream(codeword); ...
Detailed API documentation will be available soon.
Multi GollumRF connection
We are currently working on a new feature allowing our app to connect to more than one GollumRF at the same time.
This allows some...Read more »