I recently became intrigued by the idea of experiencing the world in wavelengths not visible to the human eye. What am I missing everyday!?
I have very limited electrical engineering knowledge. With a little research I decided the easiest way to start was by re-purposing my dusty pi (currently in a Lego encased media player) and spending my hard earned student loan dollars on a pi-noir cam to match.
The general idea:
- use black Styrofoam board from a craft store for the enclosure
- small hole for pi-noir connected to the PI, connected to the lcd using gpio (to save space, my shortest HDMI cable is 3')
- the head band is from a busted pair of headphones
- the pi is powered from a small 5600mhA 5v charging pack
- the side of the enclosure will have 2 PCBs with 9 IR LEDs each, powered by a 9v battery/ies (not really sure how much I'll need, still reading up on voltage drop and all that good stuff)
I'll add photos as the project progresses.
Rasberry pi B+
pi-nior camera board
Connectors and Accessories / Power Connecetors