THP Semi-Finalist Video
By having the system permanently embedded in your body, you have a different type of controlled environment which cannot be interfered with by the various day to day lives of people.
The electronic components within the system are small but require a 3D model to assist in keeping the system as small as possible. A draft of the 3D design can be see below.
- Electromyography (EMG) muscle bioelectrical activity sensor | INA333 + AD8692ARMZ -> ADC | Wirelessly controls lights in your home and provides the opportunity to manipulate a robotic gripper by measuring the bioelectrical activity from the muscles.
- Accelerometer with 14 bits of resolution | MMA8451 | to control the axis of movement with an outside controller whether it’s a robotic arm, a video game controller, or just tracking your day to day activities.
- Electromagnetic field (EMF) Sensor | Copper wire with resistor -> ADC | provides a sense to electromagnetic fields in a variety of applications.
- SMD Vibration motor | Precision Microdrives 304-103 | feedback from EMF sensor, or from other devices.
- LED bar graph | 8 X 0603 bright white SMD leds | allows menu for cyber tools and data visualization through skin.
- MEMS microphone | SPU0410HR5H-PB -> ADC | sound visualizer on LED bar graph (VU meters).
- RFID reader/writer | RC522 | RFID reader to allow arm-over access to data from other RFID applications.
- Memory | 24LC1025 | stores RFID tags, stores data from the accelerometer.
- High Precision Temperature Sensor | HTU21D | realtime monitor of your body’s temperature
- ATMEGA328P - Low power ARM mcu with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) in one chip
- Bluetooth to serial converter | BlueGiga BLE113 qith HM10 firmware | uploading Arduino code over the air
- Lipo Battery | 301218HS20C | 20mAh Super Safe Fullriver battery
- Coil charger | BQ51013 | For wireless charging capability
- Battery Charger | MCP73831 | LiPo Charger
- Voltage Regulator | TLV70033 | Low Voltage (LoVo) protection
- Digital-Latch Hall Effect Sensor | DRV5013 | For enabling/disabling sketch uploading functionality.
- 316L Stainless Steel EMG Terminals | MAKE-UB312-micro | Will be utilized by piercing Barbels for EMG terminals
LED bar graph
Safety and Materials
- Bionic Yourself (B10N1C) shell/enclosure will be made from a medical grade silicone
- EMG terminals made from medical grade Stainless Steel 304
- Special super safe Lipo battery Fullriver (301218HS20C)
- Humidity sensor (HTU21D) for safety, if humidity level rises inside enclosure, that means it is time to remove the device.
- EMG schematic from BITalino project
- Adafruit Arduino libraries and reference schematic for MMA8451, HTU21D, ADC1115
- Android app example for showing simple communications with RFduino
- Mechanical design, large electronic component arrangement [ DONE ]
- Breadboarding and making final decision on components [ DONE ]
- Design schematic and PCB in Eagle [ IN PROCESS ]
- Assemble and test without implanting
- Implant in arm at a licensed body modification studio
Hackaday provides the best place to publish this project, because it is a project that hackers will appreciate. Part of the appeal in releasing this project on Hackaday is to open the doors to criticism and improvement. Let’s build the smallest, safest, simplest, and most robust low-energy implant with uploading Arduino code over the air.