Checkout our website and Slack for the most up to date information.
There's a lot going on in the world right now and many of us are facing challenges we've never experienced before.
Employees and students are going completely remote. Social events are being canceled. Medical centers are being
overwhelmed. These events are the motivation for the Let's Pair Online Hackathon. Many of us find ourselves stranded
in our homes with diverse skill sets, hoping to help and but are unsure of how to do so. This event will be a
starting point for us to come together and contribute our skills to build a stronger community as we face a "new
Potential Ideas to Hack On
Problem: How can we engender the kind of spontaneous connection and collaboration that takes place
in the office while everyone is remote working?
- Create a virtual water cooler space that employees can join when they need a break. Co-workers can choose to be
notified when a friend is at the water cooler.
- Use speech-to-text and natural language processing to create real-time word clouds from video conference calls
- Build tools to simplify hosting of virtual meetups and enable attendees to find others in their meetup group
with common interests
- Make a Slack integration that randomly pairs members in a channel and gives them a conversational prompt so
people can connect with someone they might not
- otherwise have a chance to interact with and learn something about them
Problem: With fewer opportunities to get up and walk around employees could become less physically
active. What could be done to encourage active, healthy habits when working from home?
- Aggregate online exercise resources and create a tool that allows people to find and build an at-home fitness
routine from multiple sources.
- Build a dashboard that allows companies to set office-wide fitness goals. This could have a leaderboard and
track individual as well as collective progress.
- Create a Slack integration that lets people share their fitness goal to a channel and update when they’ve made
progress on that goal. Creates a sense of
- accountability and channel members can encourage each other to stay on track.
- Don't see your problem listed or want to work on your own problem? Click here to submit your idea!
To submit a project please register below
Already registered? Log In here.
Let everyone know you will be at Remote Responsibilities Hackathon!