HACK CHAT GUIDELINES AND FAQ
We are not the kind of “Hackers” you see in movies. We do not break into computers.
We are makers. We build things. Click here to see what we do: https://hackaday.io/projects
Then, why we are still calling ourselves “hackers”?
Because “hack” has many meanings: http://www.paulgraham.com/gba.html
What is the Hack Chat discussion area for?
The Hack Chat is for discussing projects that we are all working on. Hacking in this context refers to working with hardware to achieve a project goal.
Nothing illegal will be discussed in the Hack Chat. Please do not ask us to talk about this stuff. Hacking in the sense of breaking into websites isn’t something we discuss here.
People who continue to ask these kinds of questions will be removed from the Hack Chat. No exceptions.
- Questions about how to hack things that are illegal will be ignored.
- Questions like “how to hack” are not clear enough to be answered and will be ignored.
- Questions referring to “Help me hack Facebook” are illegal, and will be ignored.
- Questions referring to “Help me to hack a certain website” are illegal and will be ignored.
Code of conduct: Be Excellent to each other. Comments and questions should be on-topic. We support education and a supportive, inclusive environment. We reserve the right to eject profiles that do not comply.
- Bullying is not be accepted here.
- You may not make fun of or write derogatory statements about another community member. If someone is bothering you, report them to an admin (Dan, Dusan, Sophi)
- We all come from different places and backgrounds, many countries are represented here. Be nice!