Hi all, it's been a while but we haven't been idle; lots of new things to show!
First of all, the name of the project is now changed to the Edt-2000, to reference the inclusion of a new team member: Thomas! His programming skills are very valuable to the project!
Yesterday we had another session where we managed to get our first two instrumental controls working! We have build an 'AirDrum' and a pitch-bender! Very simple, but you have to start somewhere.
We also made some progress with the MaxMSP patches, which can be found on the Git page:
* a simple patch that receives OSC messages from a Processing sketch (this seems to work a lot better than receiving Serial messages in MaxMSP).
* The non-optimized patch for our AirDrummer as demonstrated in the video. The 'nodes' trigger once the XZ axis of the Edt-2000 hit them, so you have 3 trigger zones for each hand. We are not yet sure if this is a good way of triggering drums...
Sometimes simple tie-wraps work fine as well :)
Soldering headers onto the wires.
Building a second Edt-2000!
And last but not least: the machine that makes the sounds!