Now that the rush to finish the basic requirements for the 2016 Hackaday Prize is over, there are a number of action items I need to take care of. I'm about to take off for 8 days of fieldwork with no Internet access, and I'm also a bit burned out by the last few weeks of effort. But I will get it done, I promise; I'm not going to abandon the project just because the Prize deadline has passed.
- Develop the servo option for an automatic shutter. Parts are here, just have to engineer it.
- Write-up the Bluetooth HID option for the shutter. This is pretty much done, just have to write it up.
- Write-up the construction of a portable stand. It's actually more than just a portable stand, it also configures for microscope/macro lens work, and vertical dome configuration for larger objects. The stand is about half-constructed right now, just have to finish making and documenting the construction. I've already built one of these, so I'm not doing it from scratch.
- The instructions/PDF manual need to be edited/revised/corrected/whatever. The PDF manual in particular is pretty rough right now. May have a chance to work on this in the field, since I can bring my laptop.
- I also want to add some sections that describe some of the image enhancement techniques I use on RTI images. The images alone are usually fantastic, but some simple enhancements can make them even better.