After another week of work, I finished head and arm prototypes, ordered the controller board and parts, plus started some testing.
I made the head kinda large, plenty of room for the controller board, battery, a servo, a 2.8in SPI TFT display with touchscreen, and maybe a Raspberry Pi Zero...
I also did some work on the arms. They are kinda boring so I will very likely change them in the future. I also decided that orange would be a good color for the robot.
Besides from that I ordered the controller board pcbs from OSH park and parts from Digikey. While I wait looks like i'll be doing some basic testing, display research, and trying to find SG90 servos in a color other than blue or transparent orange. Oh, and I published all the design files to github.