I went ahead and purchased an Eagle license so I could do the board layout for the larger PCB size... You might be able to tell from the project logs, I've been having some glitches with these...but all should be on track now... The upgrade seemed to have corrupted the files for the original work I had done so I had to start over....again...(I had tried designSpark on my last attempt)..So here is the start of the control board.. This board is the option to use the Nucleo plugged into the carrier with the rest of the components soldered straight to the board with no breakout boards...
This board is centered around the ST Microelectronics NucleoF401RE.. It contains and does the following:
84MHz ARM Cortex-M4 STM32F401RET6:
2x A3967SLB Stepper Motor Controllers
ACS712 Current Monitor
- Power Relay for Laser
- TTL Control for Laser
- Monitor Temperature for Laser
- Control HBridge for Heating/Cooling of peltiers on CCD Array and Cuvette
- Montor and control Cuvette temperature
- Monitor current draw from peltiers on CCD Array and Cuvette
- Control Beam Shutter
- Detect Laser Good (verify beam is reaching destination)
- Open and close Cuvette Tray using stepper motors and optical sensors
- Rotate Filter Wheel Assembly to change from 522nmSP to 550nmLP filters
- Detect Filter Wheel Assembly position using rotary encoder
- Monitor Cuvette Holder for presence of cuvette in tray
As usual, all the files are up on gitHub... any suggestions are welcome!!!
Become a Hackaday.io Member
Create an account to leave a comment. Already have an account? Log In.