Note: This log entry is a living document. I'll be updating this post to reflect the current configuration as time goes on.. There will also be a log at the end of the post noting modifications to the log, etc..
This log entry will instruct you on building the Mirror Mount Assembly.
- 1. Needle Nosed Pliers
- 2. 1.5mm Hex Driver
- 3. 5/64" Hex Driver
- 4. Philips Screwdriver
- 5. ESD Style Precision Tweezers
- 6. Nitrile Gloves
- 7. White Cotton Gloves
- 8. KimTech KimWipes
- Printed versions of the following 3D Printed Objects from the gitHub repository:
- (1x) 100x Microscope Objective Lens
- (6x) M2 - 0.45 12.9mm Socket Cap Screws
1. Print and clean up the plastic parts. Be sure to use the 3D printed part guidelines. All spurs and supports need to be cleaned as much as possible.
2. Place the 1 Newport Pyrex First Surface Laser Mirror 1" Model# 10R08 ER1 into the slot on the bottom half of the mirror mount.
2. Place the top and bottom halves together, and place the mounting screws in.. Tighten the back screw and then the front.. Don't over-tighten!
3. Grab four of the M2 12mm adjustment screws..
3. Insert and lightly tighten the four adjustment screws on the back of the assembly... Don't worry about alignment at this point.. That will be covered later in the system alignment series..
That completes the construction of the mirrorMount Assembly! Set aside and move to next build!
You can close this tab or return to the build instructions here!
09.23.2014 - New Entry