I pushed some ESP32 updates over the last few days:
- Added code to automatically lower Frame Rate (the number of times per second the refresh buffer is loaded with a new frame) to leave CPU left for the Sketch to use. Refresh Rate can stay the same. No more blank screen when trying to drive too large of a panel with too high refresh rate or too high color depth.
- Accurate Frame rate is now shared with layers (so scrolling text should scroll the intended speed regardless of frame rate), and is returned from matrix.getFrameRate()
- Added argument to matrix.begin() to leave DMA-capable RAM free for other libraries to use
- AnimatedGIFs improvements
- now can call matrix.begin(28000) before SD.begin(), leaving 28000 bytes of DMA-capable RAM free for the SD library to use.
- Added notes on how to use with ESP32 and how to improve performance with large panels on ESP32