Three huge updates in one day! I finally got busy on the project again, because I signed up for a tech fair event that's happening tomorrow in Brampton, Ontario. Never underestimate the power of a deadline on moving your project forward!
First, I took everything off of the old, ripped-up glove. Then I de-soldered the existing wires on the 'capacitive touch sensors' (pieces of copper tape) and got rid of both the wires and the sensors; the wires were too stiff and the copper sensors were battered up. I replaced them with fresh new pieces of copper tape and new stranded wire instead of the normal stiff single-core wire. This is because the stranded wire is much more flexible, leading to less/no chance of the copper tape snapping off of the wire:
After all the new wire and copper tape was soldered on, it was time to test things out using the Hands|On GUI. After a small session of downloading the missing Python libraries on my Windows machine, I was able to run the application on Windows! See the GUI in action:
And check out the new glove!: