Tonight has been a long but rewarding session. Spent the last few hours writing and rewriting functions for my #Aquariumatic project. Tonight's focus has been how data is shared amongst devices in the setup.
Previously the setup focussed on the slave units sharing JSON packets (containing temperature, pH and other sensor information, relay states and other device information) to a webserver to be displayed to the user in a web page. This was slow development; the first device was built around an Arduino uno and used serial to send data (very messily before I started using json), and has steadily improved as I've learned more.
Following tonight's work the JSON packets have been heavily formatted and are now fully compatible with the MQTT scripting I have also been working on, as well as dislayable on a simple webpage served by the Unit itself for standalone operation. Now I have got this part playing nicely I can reinstate the rest of the functionality to the unit and can finally say the slave unit software is complete.
I have also been working hard on the Hub(server/broker) Unit that will tie all the slaves together, and have a cracking setup based on the DietPi os. Once this is finished I'll be able to leave the software and turn my attention to getting the prototyped units recreating in product form.
Earlier in the week I submitted proposal to a manufacture to try and turn my prototypes onto finished products.
I cannot effing wait!