It's been about 6 months since I've updated this project and I've been busy with many things, but nothing practical to show for it:
- I just did a quick update of the tags a little bit ago but didn't spam the feed with it.
- I've been tracking down a deeper understanding of various thermodynamic properties and what role they play in what I'm trying to accomplish
- Doing various additional 3D modeling to minimize cost of producing new parts. I also produced a clear resin print for case tolerance testing and fitment, which I'll post when I get around to using it.
- Attempting to understanding various material properties and how they influence thermal performance has been where my focus exists, which means trolling a lot of research PDFs.
- I still need to write up some Arduino code to take some thermal readings of the cooling solution since I'm polling 4 thermocouples that have been attached to very specific points on the cooling solution. It doesn't help that I'm not in the same thermal environment when I did my original testing.
- After taking those readings, I also need to characterize the thermocouples to reduce their error and refine the data. From there, I can reasonably determine which of the 3 parts of the cooling solution has the greatest thermal resistance to prove or disprove my previously stated hypothesis.
- Located/purchased a near-identical, full copper, zipper fin stack on AliExpress for under $15.
Work is ongoing. I'm not done with this project by any reasonable measure.