Here are shown the connection and disconnection procedure for the USB Blaster programming device. The board in the videos is different but the procedures will apply to the JTAG and AS connectors of "The Thing" too.
USB Blaster connection procedure
After that you are ready to upload the configuration into the FPGA you must follow the suggested steps as described in the Usb Blaster User Guide:
- Check that the target (the board) is not powered;
- Connect the Usb-Blaster programmer first to the Workstation USB;
- Connect the JTAG cable to the target;
- Power the target. This means connect the board USB connector to an other USB port on the Workstation.
Remember that the USB Blaster can't power the target. The power comes from the USB connector.
Here a short video about how to connect the USB Blaster dongle:
USB Blaster disconnection procedure
Now, to disconnect the USB Blaster dongle you must follow the suggested steps as described in the Usb Blaster User Guide:
- Power off the target. This means disconnect the board USB cable;
- Disconnect the JTAG cable from the target;
- Disconnect the Usb-Blaster programmer from the Workstation USB.
Here a short video about how to disconnect the USB Blaster dongle: