I finally decided to pick this project back up after a long hiatus. It was originally entered in the 2014 Hackaday Prize, but after I read the theme of this year's prize, I thought it would fit well.
I left off at finding a mounting system and I have decided to use standard 550 paracord. It keeps with the trash theme, you should be able to find scraps in the lengths needed. Holes are drilled every 120 degrees around the circle and then tied together:
Protip for working on paracord: When burning the frayed ends, don't hold the flaming rope over your hand. It will drip molten nylon onto your fingers. Anyway, here's the mockup, although it's missing one of the bottle assemblies, so it's not balanced:
Hardware is almost completed, I just have to hit the bottles with the glass frosting paint. After that, it's just code and then I'm in business!