HASP v0.38 release
Stability and performance improvements
ESP8266 code v0.38
- Updated ESP8266 Arduino core to 2.5.2, which comes more stability and performance improvements
- Fix mDNS. Again.
- Update ArduinoJSON to 6.x for easier builds, better performance, and lower memory utilization
- Fixed issue with SoftwareSerial for debug messages
Home Assistant Automations
- Fixed automations utilizing JSON messages to remove trailing null array element
- Changed Page 9 (graph) color automations to only trigger when page is selected
- Yay MDI icons changing names for no apparent reason. Fixed.
- Added “default page” example automation, set a default page for HASP and it will switch back to that page after a set time
ESP8266 Update Procedure
If you’re using the AutoFirmwareUpdate automation your devices should pull this update at 3:00am. Otherwise, log into the admin web page and you can pull the update from the firmware page.
Home Assistant Update Procedure
deployhasp.sh script to pull down the updated automations using one of the guides below:
Links for more HASP info
- Main documentation page
- Buy HASwitchPlate PCBs - strongly recommended for safe assembly. Buy them from me or download the gerbers and send them to your favorite short-run PCB fab.
- Buy an assembled device ready to install if the build process seems intimidating
- HASwitchPlate Discord chat
- HASwitchPlate Reddit community