The trophy runs on a raspberry pi with a 7" touch screen. I uploaded the application I wrote in python if anyone wants to see how it works.
Other things to note:
- Guizero was used as the application framework
- WiFi connectivity handling with RaspiWiFi
- Hiding the cursor with unclutter
- Getting Mars Weather Data
- Keeping the Pi from turning off the display and sleeping
Special thanks to the Developers over at MacroFab for answering my basic python questions.
Stephen and I discuss the Trophy design and build over on our podcast: https://macrofab.com/blog/mep-ep188-design-contest-useless-machines-wrap-up/