Thought it would be good to do a demo showing the apps controlling the Raspberry Pi MeArm. First, here's some more detail on what's actually going on:
- There's a Node.js app which does a few things:
- Controls the servos
- Listens for changes to the joysticks and moves the servos accordingly
- Runs a WebSocket server which listens for commands to move the servos
- When you go to the network address of the Raspberry Pi it loads the apps in your browser.
- Each app communicates using the WebSocket to send commands however you program it to
You can also, of course, write your own scripts to program it directly from the command line, but this is a nice easy way of getting started by running things like Blockly in your browser.
Anyway, without further ado, here's the quick demo: