Good news, everyone! Documentation has taken a back seat to getting things done, I hope understandably so. So I’m going to stick to a briefer play-by-play for now. Though things are coming together:
Was rather stuck on how to motorize the magazine, dreading the thought of having to file matching teeth for a gear, then I got inspired by the classics, channeling a bit of the old Sam Colt. So a ratcheting system is to both move and index the magazine, and I got away with filing 14 teeth instead of dozens.
Took this time to drill out and paint the security camera. Who needs an oven when it’s August?
Turned out I had to redo the pusher as I had made it too short. Took this time to grind a bolt for the interfacing bit, thus finishing this part of the mechanism.
On the theme of remaking parts, the foam recoil pad slipped on the grinder just as I was finishing it, so I had to make another.
Next came a crucial component that I had initially planned to make from rather thin sheet stock. Luckly I had part of a hinge that was already mostly the right shape. Here it’s pictured with the initial nut I tried to fit but I later found a better fit.
I added proper springs and did some fitting on the trigger group. The disconnector is yet to come since I’ll have to finish the ramp assembly first.
After a lot of filling with hot glue and cutting it back and gluing and deciding I wasn’t satisfied, and having to do the whole thing again including a new track, the “barrel” was finally in place.
The beast in its full glory, resting upon my own Empire of Dirt: