2020-02-17 - Monday
I did some light digging into the errors that I've been seeing. Here's a sample output:
After a quick scan of the below two links, I'm guessing this is power-related and possibly caused by the Dupont-USB adapter.
- https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RD8IMZJEKMGSZ/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B000IV6S9S ( review of the exact model I bought )
- http://christopher-technicalmusings.blogspot.com/2012/03/freebsd-scsi-sense-errors-did-you-check.html ( power-related )
A couple debugging/troubleshooting options:
- Try reseating both ends of the cable the dupont connector and the USB itself.
- Try changing USB header positions
- If there's enough clearance, try mounting DMM clips and observe while trying to force error
- If the above fail, mount externally and return the POS.