Converted the charset of the sample programs

A project log for Adventures with a STC89C52 development board

Quick way to start with MCUs

ken-yapKen Yap 05/06/2020 at 13:450 Comments

The sample programs in the repository that have been published on Github have comments in Chinese. However the encoding was GBK which was why they weren't displayed as Chinese characters but as octal codes or weird characters. Using iconv, I've converted those to UTF-8. So even if you can't read them, at least you can put them through a translator.

Actually I discovered this after I had finished creating a parallel Github repository for compilation with SDCC instead of Keil as in the originals. So after testing the programs, I will translate some key comments and reinsert those into the programs. Stay tuned.