This weekend I assembled the robot arms after custom actuator brackets came in from OSH Cut, and fasteners from Grainger.
This is kind of a major milestone on this project - casting these parts took a year. I did a photoshoot with a flower bouquet to mark the occasion:
(Str1ker is the name of this robot)
The next tasks will be:
- More research on tracking arm positions. Found and ordered a few more potentiometers designed to be used with servos. Still not happy with the best I found last year, and not sure if I need to build them myself.
- Continue finishing the arm parts. They still need more polishing and grinding for best fit, and then sent for chrome plating.
- Finish the head and neck design, figure out what actuators are needed, and order them along with the head parts.
- Prototype robot vision. I got this started already, but my Arducam board misbehaved again so I need to order another one.