- Deep dive into understanding Superadobe and construction workflow of CalEarth structures.
- Extensive technical reading and outlining possible interventions.
- Team meeting with CalEarth to understand their pain points.
Target group - USA, Europe - Developed Areas
Increase the demand in the US in order to make it an appealing trend in other parts of the world. Leverage the appeal to increase sustainable construction.
The solutions should make the work better, faster, safer.
- User friendly (Easy to train to unskilled builders)
- Apply to Masses
- Develop less labor intensive - Low tech solutions. (Profiling campus/tool, Compactor)
- IOT based quality enhancer solutions. (WIFI)
- Profiling of the structure: this is a huge pain point. There is dependence on the person doing the “ compass profiling task”. The rest of the team members have to wait for this person to indicate where the next layer is placed and how much is the overlap. If we can find an alternate way to make the profiling of the domes easy that would save a lot of time and money (as workers are waiting for this task to happen).
- Make the build appealing and less labor intensive: Look into compacting tools that are automated but low tech.