The video shows the first test of the earth funnel to fill a 3m Superadobe bag. It feels easy to use, is light and allows the user to move and position the Superadobe bag with one hand and load earth using the other hand. The first 0.5 meters the weight of the bag is not enough to pull the bag off of the funnel so you have to do it by hand but after that it has enough weight to anchor itself so you can just slide the funnel along and it lays the bag for you.
Next steps for future development based on first test:
- Add 4 handles
- Secure the rubber band better to stop it sliding off occasionally
- 2-4 Extra band bands to hold this one on place (tangent to the circumference band)
- Make tube smaller but keep out ring the same size so the distance between the two diameters is wider.
- Flat lip on edge of larger funnel to put your feet on to hold flat to the ground when you are loading the tube
- Instructions to explain how to use
- Fully load tube before sliding.
- Make from final material (Sheet of recycled plastic)
- Make larger funnel smaller to reduce awkwardness
- Add a groove or a guide so bag lays in the right potion