I used this keyboard for almost a year. It works good, but its exploitation revealed a number of fields that need improvement.
- Solid single-part body.
- Built-in pointing device.
- Mechanical switches.
- Noisy Blue Cherry-MX switches.
- Long key travel (yes, I'm used to laptop keyboards). I'll try using ML switches.
- Keystrokes are detected (sent to computer) on release not on press, this is unusual and not comfortable. 32xe keys act both as shift-keys and as ordinary keys. I'll try moving shift keys to a separate row.
- Wireless (BT) interface needed.
- Replace trackball (that works good) with touch-pad. This makes mouse mode detection more intuitive.
- Split the uni-body design into separate units (left-right-thumbs-tracker) attached to the rigid chassis. This helps to experiment with different designs (ergonomic, compact, back-typer, with built-in laptop etc).
The accumulated improvements demands the complete redesign.
So it'l be the completely different new keyboard and the new project.