Close

Finally Assembled

A project log for Project Photobooth

Current cost: under $50

Sarah WittmanSarah Wittman 05/30/2014 at 16:480 Comments

I suddenly decided that I didn't necessarily need my control circuit completed to put the lights in the booth. 

Here's the lights I'm using: http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-72344-Mosaic-Flexible-Light/dp/B008COVFUA

The backs of the light strip are self adhering, and they stuck to the paper on the foam core really well.

Here's the photobooth set up, with Alduin the World-Eater for scale. 

I got some really nice photos out of it yesterday. I used Alduin and my Gundam Dynames model as subjects.

Compare without flash...
...to with flash.

With flash gave me better front detail, but cast some really nasty shadows. I took some better posed shots without flash while I thought about what to do about this. Pushing the model as far back into the box as I can helped some.

I think this one is my favorite shot.
 Also, since these are RGB lights, I turned them to red, just to see what would happen. Interesting and creepy.

Now some shots of Alduin.

Here's the one I took when I figured out how to get better front lighting...

... and here's how I did it.

All in all, I'm really pleased with these shots. I look forward to having something more meaningful to take pictures of. I'm sure I will soon.

Discussions